While there are a whole host of off-the-shelf industrial scales that meet the needs of many companies, some organizations need something that’s tailor-made to their exact business processes. Unfortunately, many scale manufacturers simply aren’t set up to manufacture custom weighing scales for industrial use. When you work with a company like Arlyn Scales, you’re working with an organization that not only has decades of experience in the industry, but also is well equipped to design and manufacture custom industrial scales based on your unique needs.
A Bit of History About Arlyn Scales
At Arlyn Scales, we’ve been leading experts in industrial scales for well over 30 years. In this time, we’ve been able to develop a wide array of industrial scales, and have pioneered quite a few features that have been well received by our customers.
Arlyn Scales is headquartered in Long Island, New York, which means not only that our scales are designed in the US, but they’re actually manufactured here as well. We’re big proponents of keeping our manufacturing jobs in the US, and have done this during a time when many of our competitors have moved their manufacturing facilities overseas.
Designing and manufacturing our scales here in the US has offered a variety of advantages compared to other companies who’ve elected to utilize overseas manufacturers. A few of the most notable advantages include:
- Streamlined Quality Control – While we’d love to think that our customers would never have an issue with one of our scales, we understand that this simply isn’t possible. By working with a US based industrial scale manufacturer, you’ll get your questions answered easily and quickly by the people who actually designed and manufactured your scale. With overseas manufacturers you can find yourself tracking down multiple people before you ever get a resolution to your issue. At Arlyn Scales, we work to get your questions answered as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Open Communication Across Our Departments – One disadvantage of overseas manufacturing is that many times a company’s design teams are located in the US while their manufacturing teams are obviously overseas. This can create issues when problems arise. You can quickly have a scenario where each department is blaming the other, which can cause problems for the customer whose simply looking for a solution. By having all of our design and manufacturing teams located within the same facility, we’ll do all we can to resolve any problem you have as quickly as we can. We’re committed to constantly improving and understand that we’re all one team here at Arlyn Scales focused on one goal, which is to satisfy our customers.
- Higher Level of Customer Service – In addition, we’re confident that our US based design and manufacturing processes allow us to provide the highest level of customer service possible. When you pick up the phone to give us a call chances are high that you’ll be talking to one of the individuals that actually designed and/or built your exact scale. This level of knowledge is hard to replicate by companies that manufacture all of their scales overseas.
- Cost Savings – You may find it difficult to realize, but we feel that our US based manufacturing business model actually saves us money, which we’re then able to pass on to our customers. By manufacturing our scales in-house, we’re able to sell them factory direct to our customers, which cuts out any middlemen or distributors. We’re able to price our industrial scales more competitively without this additional layer of personnel.
Common Features of Our Custom Weighing Scales
There are a number of features that can be customized based on your unique needs. While this is not a comprehensive list of all the available scale features, it should give you a good start to determine what you’re looking for when it comes to purchasing your next custom weighing scale.
Custom Scale Construction
Depending on your needs, as well as your budget, you may be looking for a scale manufactured from a certain material. For example, if you’re weighing a large number of corrosive materials, you may want a stainless steel scale based on its corrosion resistance, but if you’re looking for a more portable option, you may be interested in a lightweight aluminum scale.
Once you choose a scale material, you also have the option of optional coatings that can further protect your scale from corrosive materials.
Custom Capacities and Platform Sizes
While we offer a wide variety of platform sizes and capacity ranges, if you don’t see what you need, feel free to reach out to our team to discuss a fully custom industrial scale. This way you can design a scale that fits your needs exactly as opposed to settling for a model that doesn’t provide you the features and capabilities that you’d like.
Multitude of Connectivity Options
One of the most important components of an industrial scale is its ability to transfer weight data through a variety of communication protocols. At Arlyn Scales, we offer full support for a variety of communication ports that include:
- USB – Simply connect a USB cable between a computer and your industrial scale and instantly have access to weight data and have the ability to control your scale from a computer.
- Ethernet / WiFi – Our industrial scales also offer support for Ethernet and WiFi connections. This means that if your scale is connected to your corporate network, you can actually control it from anywhere as long as you have an active internet connection.
- Datalogging – Some of our customers must use scales in certain environments where computers are not permitted. If this is the case, you can download weight data by plugging a USB drive directly into the scale’s USB port and then access this weight data at a later time.
- Cloud – If you’d prefer to store weight data in the cloud, our scales also offer support for this option as well.
Ready to Begin the Process of Purchasing a Custom Industrial Scale from Arlyn Scales?
If you’ve had trouble finding an industrial scale that meets your needs, it may be time to discuss designing a fully customized industrial scale. Give our team a call today at 800-645-4301 and learn that designing a custom industrial scale may be much more affordable than you think. Should you want to contact us via email, feel free to fill out our online contact form and we’ll follow up with you as soon as possible.