Remote Scale Display
Remote Indicator (beta) is a Windows-based application that allows customers to monitor their scale at a local or remote location. This allows our customers to check in on the scale without being physically present near the scale. Remote Indicator not only supports wired connections to our scales (i.e. RS-232, USB, RS-485, etc.), but the software also supports scales connected to your network such as Ethernet TCP/IP and WiFi.
The Remote Indicator software has evolved over the past 20 years with multiple versions released over time. The new Remote Indicator not only carries the improvements over to new heights, but we rebuilt it from the ground up to provide a new and improved experience to our customers.
Benefits of Remote Displays for Weight Scales
In today’s dynamic industrial landscape, the demand for efficiency and adaptability is paramount. One innovation that has emerged as a significant contributor to these demands is the incorporation of remote displays. These displays provide an extended interface, allowing users to monitor and control scale readings from a distance. Let’s delve into some of the profound benefits they bring:
- Enhanced Visibility: Especially beneficial in large industrial setups, remote indicators ensure that readings are visible from a distance. This is particularly useful in situations where the scale itself might be obscured or located in hard-to-reach areas.
- Operational Flexibility: Operators no longer need to be tethered to the scale’s immediate vicinity. This flexibility can be crucial in environments where personnel need to multitask or manage multiple systems concurrently.
- Safety: In certain industries, the material being weighed might be hazardous or the environment around the scale might be unsafe. Remote displays allow operators to maintain a safe distance, ensuring their well-being while still monitoring weight measurements.
- Real-time Monitoring: Paired with modern communication protocols, remote displays can offer real-time monitoring capabilities. This ensures that any anomalies or overloads can be detected and addressed promptly.
- Integration with Centralized Systems: Many remote displays can be integrated with centralized monitoring systems, allowing for a unified view of multiple scales in larger operations.
- Reduced Traffic & Congestion: In busy industrial settings, reducing foot traffic around crucial equipment can be beneficial. With remote displays, fewer personnel need to approach the scale directly, leading to smoother operations.
Features and Benefits of Remote Indicator
Your Scale – Remotely
The Remote Indicator Main Screen allows you to view the scale weight data without being in front of it. The Main Screen also allows you to remotely send commands to the scale such as “ZERO”, “TARE”, “NET” and “UNIT”. You don’t have to be near the scale’s front panel to operate the scale.
You can configure Remote Indicator to collect weight data and observe the remote display from the scale in real time. This data can then be exported to Excel Spreadsheets or Comma Separated Value (.CSV) files.
Key Wedge – Send Weights to other Applications
Use the Remote Indicator Software to send Weight data directly into your 3rd-party application fields such as LabView, UPS WorldShip, FedEx Ship Manager, etc.
Supports Many Connection Types
Remote Indicator supports serial connectivity (such as USB, RS-232, etc.) as well as TCP/IP and Wireless connectivity (Ethernet, WiFi, etc.).
Remote Indicator can be downloaded at the Software Downloads page along with other available documentation. Please read the manual on Remote Indicator to obtain a 30-day free trial.
You can purchase a perpetual license that includes all minor software updates for the current stream and up to 3 support instances per year on the scale Configuration Page. Remote Indicator only works with our Arlyn Scales Product Line. If you do not own an Arlyn Scale, Remote Indicator will not work for you. For further questions and licensing, contact our Sales Department at (800) 645-4301 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remote Indicator is still in the “Beta” stage of development. This means that Arlyn has determined for all intents and purposes, it is ready for release. However, it may have minor bugs and/or may have user experience issues. Therefore, we invite our customers to give us feedback on any issue they might face with the software in good faith, so we may continue to improve it to satisfy our customers’ more immediate needs.