There are many applications in the industry that require the use of scales. These processes include weighing packages for shipment, weighing crates or skids to ensure that capacity limits of a shelf are not exceeded in the warehouse, and weighing plane cargo to ensure that the capacity and balance of small planes is maintained.
Scales are also indispensable in the agricultural industry for weighing livestock or even sorting pigs so that they are sent to the proper supply pens. When you need to find the appropriate scales for your weight measurement needs, Arlyn Scales is the company to turn to for knowledgeable advice and experienced design capabilities.
Superior Quality Scales for Precision Measurements
Companies of all sizes have needs for scales, and to meet this broad range of needs, Arlyn Scales has a wide range of standard scales. We carry many different drum scales, bench scales and floor scales and there is a good chance that our standard products will work to meet your needs. We have many different scales for different applications, which are designed and built to the highest quality for the best precision and accuracy in the industry.
Some of the different varieties of scales we carry for the industrial environment include platform scales, floor scales, bench scales, drum scales, counting scales, cylinder scales and crane scales. We have dedicated a lot of time and effort to ensuring our scales meet the most rigid requirements for accuracy and precision. Here is an example of one of our common standard floor scales:
- 5-4405 Floor Scales with Large Graphics LCD Digital Display: This standard scale has a capacity of 5,000 lbs. in 1 lb. increments and a platform size of 4′ X 4′ X 2 7/8”, with optional load ramps. Materials include steel with an option of stainless steel for better corrosion resistance. This scale uses heavy-duty industrial grade load cells, which make the scale resistant to abuse and extremely robust.
The indicator can either be the MKE-5 or the UPSCALE-9 model. Connectivity options include Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB and RS-232. Many other platform sizes, load capacities and resolutions are available in these standard floor scales and pallet scales from 4’ x 4’ to 5’ x 5’ size, and a 500 lbs. x 1 lb. capacity to a 20,000 lbs. by 5 lbs. capacity.
Custom Scales Based on Your Requirements
If you have very specific needs and one of our standard scales does not meet all of your requirements, Arlyn Scales has the ability to design and build a custom-made scale that suits all of your needs. Our team has spent a significant amount of time learning what it takes to build the best possible scale that will do everything you need, and at a price that is both affordable and reasonable.
When you are thinking of designing your own scale, there are a few things you need to consider in order to determine the requirements of your scale:
- Accuracy: How accurate do you need your measurement to be? Knowing the level of accuracy can determine what load cell technology we use. Our larger scales often use four stainless steel load cells, however, we also utilize our internationally patented SAW technology, which can achieve accuracy even with extremely high capacities.
- Durability: You want your scales to last a long time, so knowing the environment they will need to work in helps to improve the durability of the scales. Many of our scales are used on the farm or in other highly punishing environments, so we use higher quality load cells and steel when aluminum is not adequate for the application.
- Corrosion Resistance: One major aspect of durability is corrosion resistance. When it is needed, we have two options available to protect the scales from disintegration of the materials due to reaction with chemicals or water: zinc rich galvanized epoxy and a triple epoxy with mica particles.
- Capacity: The accuracy and usability of your scales is often partially determined by the capacity you need. Do you need to weigh smaller loads of 5 pounds or less, or are you dealing with capacity requirements of 10,000 or even 20,000 pounds? Arlyn Scales can find the right technology to satisfy these varying needs.
- Platform Size: In order to use your scale, you will need a platform that is large enough for the items that you need to weigh. If the platform is too small, the material to weigh could tip and cause problems in taking the measurement. Our standard sizes range from 6” x 5.5” to 7’ x 9’. However, we have the ability to build a custom-sized platform for your unique needs.
- Connectivity: Most companies don’t just want a scale that simply displays the measurement, it is increasingly important to also be able to analyze the results. This is why Arlyn Scales makes it possible to connect to our scales through many different methods including USB, WiFi, and Ethernet connections. By connecting your scale, you have the ability to monitor readings remotely and even output weight data into easily readable software formats.
Superior Customer Service for Superior Scales
If you want the type of customer service that comes with experience and knowledge, then Arlyn Scales is the place to turn to. Our team has the expertise to find the right weight measurement equipment for your unique needs. For superior products, or to have a scale designed and built to your exact specifications, contact Arlyn Scales today.
Arlyn Scales has been a scale manufacturer focused on the design and development of technology for the weighing industry for over 30 years. Our leading designs make us one of the top suppliers of industrial, veterinary & customer scales to our growing number of customers. By shipping products in a factory-direct manner, we can eliminate price markups from dealers and bring you even more value through our lower prices.
If you are local to Long Island, NY, call us at 516-593-4465, and national customers can call us toll free at 1-800-645-4301. Or contact us online and we will get back to you as soon as possible to answer all your questions. We are ready to serve you with answers to all your questions and decisions on finding a suitable scale for your weight measurement needs.