3-Wire Platform Scales 4-20mA – Line Powered
Platform Scales (3-Wire) 4-20mA Analog Output – Wiring Diagram
Diagram below illustrates wiring diagram for 3200 Series Platform Scales equipped with Line Powered 4-20mA (3-Wire) and no display.
To check the output:
- Connect the RED wire to a 24V DC outlet.
- Connect the GROUNDING WIRE (bare) to a suitable Earth Ground location in your building. This is optional. This will help determine faults in the scale if any and increase stability of your readings.
- Connect the BLACK wire to a GROUND connection.
- You will now have 4-20 mA output coming from the GREEN wire
- Use an Ammeter or a digital multimeter to check the current on the GREEN wire. Connect the multimeter as shown.
- Press the platform to see the deflection in current.
- Use the SPAN and ZERO potentiometers located on the side of the board to calibrate your platform current output.