Hanging scales are a staple in most any industry. A hanging scale is typically suspended from a cable or crane in the air and is able to provide highly accurate measurements. Because these scales are not anchored to the ground, they’re able to eliminate inaccuracies that can occasionally occur with platform scales.
Common Uses for Hanging Scales
- Grocery Industry – Hanging scales are commonly used to weigh produce in grocery stores.
- Livestock Industry – Farmers can use hanging scales to weigh livestock, which is often more practical than using platform scales that can be difficult to obtain accurate readings because of how hard it is to get animals to remain still while being weighed.
- Steel Industry – Rolls of steel must be cut and hanging scales can help to better determine the weight of the roll both before and after cutting, which helps to improve the scale’s accuracy.
- Shipping Industry – Shipyards often use high capacity crane scales to weigh large containers to be loaded onto ships. Many shipping companies charge by weight, which requires high capacity hanging scales.
Why Purchase a Hanging Scale from Arlyn Scales?
If you’ve decided that you need a hanging scale, the next question to answer is who to purchase your scale from. The team at Arlyn Scales would, of course, like you to purchase your scale from our team, but we feel that it is our duty to earn your business. There are a variety of reasons why we think we’re the best option for your industrial scale needs. A few of these include:
- S. Based Manufacturing – All of our scales are designed and manufactured in our U.S. based facility. Arlyn Scales is headquartered in Long Island, New York, where our state of the art factory is located. Our factory is situated directly beside our design and business development offices to ensure all of our employees can work together throughout the sales, design and manufacturing process. Too often companies who manufacture their scales overseas can run into issues because quality control can be extremely difficult when you’re manufacturing a scale halfway across the globe.
- Direct to Customer Business Model – At Arlyn Scales, we understand that our customers are looking for the highest quality scale at the best possible price. The difficulty in this approach typically is that companies use a complicated network of distributors that each must markup the product to increase their profit. While this way of doing business rewards the distributors, it simply raises prices for the customer. When the founders of Arlyn Scales began to produce industrial scales, they made it their mission to provide a factory direct business model to keep costs down and quality up. All of our scales are available for sale on our website, without any distributor markups. Simply log on to arlynscales.com and browse our wide array of industrial hanging scales and order one that suits your needs in just a few minutes. It’s our goal to make the entire scale purchase process as efficient as possible to ensure we can offer the highest quality scales to our customers at highly competitive prices.
- Customized Scale Solutions – Because we design and manufacture all of our scales in-house, we’re able to provide fully customized scale solutions based on your unique needs. If you don’t find the exact scale you need on our website, simply give us a call and we’ll do our best to design and manufacture a scale tailored exactly to your business needs.
- Stainless Steel Load Cells – Most of our most popular scales, including our hanging scales, feature stainless steel load cells. Using stainless steel allows our load cells to hold up to the rigors common in all types of industrial applications.
Series ARC Hanging Scales
Arlyn Scales offers three high-capacity hanging scales depending on your needs. Below we’ll describe these three models in detail to give you an idea of the scale that may work best for you.
- ARC-2500 – The ARC-2500 hanging scale features a capacity of 2500 lb and a resolution of .5 lb.
- ARC-5000 – The ARC-5000 features a 5000 lb capacity with a resolution of 1 lb.
- ARC-10000 – The ARC-10000 is our highest capacity hanging scale which accepts weights of up to 10000 lb with a resolution of 2 lb.
If you need a hanging scale with a lower or higher capacity than is listed above, simply give our team a call and we’ll discuss whether a custom scale option may work better for your application.
Use Setpoint Controller With Hanging Scales
Many of our customers have added a setpoint controller to their hanging scales to help with filling operations, relay control and other automated operations. If you’re reliant on humans to control these operations, you may be disappointed when mistakes are made. With a setpoint controller, you can completely automate this process to ensure that your weights are always completely accurate. Using our setpoint controller in combination with our relay, you can control other equipment based on when a certain weight is reached. Imagine opening or closing a valve based on a certain weight reading that is achieved on a hanging scale. The opportunities to automate your weighing operations are virtually endless with a hanging scale, our setpoint controller and relays.
Contact Arlyn Scales Today to Learn More About Our Hanging Scales
We hope that you’ve learned a few things about what helps our hanging scales stand out from the competition. We’re confident that we produce some of the best industrial scales in the industry and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We have a team standing by ready to help you find the perfect hanging scale based on your unique needs. We can be reached by phone at 800-645-4301 or through our online contact form. Let’s work together to find a hanging scale that will last you and your team for many years to come.