Keeping track of small piece parts for your business can be a challenge. Pieces that are small but important elements of your final products, such as automobiles, toys, and computer products, need to always be counted for inventory control. Counting each piece by hand is extremely impractical. Therefore, it is important to make sure you have a reliable scale that can help you quickly count many pieces of the same part by using the weight of each piece.
Arlyn Scales can help you find an extremely precise counting scale. We have been a leader in the scale industry for the past thirty years. We attribute much of our success to our ability to manufacture high quality scales at prices that most companies and individuals can afford. Our scales are the result of in depth technological research and innovation. Not only do we offer sophisticated electronics in our scales to create highly accurate measurements, but we also craft extremely durable scale frames and platforms guaranteed to be abuse resistant and provide the owner with scales that will last for years. Our scales are manufactured in our factory in Long Island, New York. This arrangement allows our customers to obtain our scales factory direct. By eliminating the middle man, our customers save a significant amount of money. The savings we get from shipping factory direct goes right back into our company helping our customers obtain a cutting edge scale that the competition can’t beat, no matter what the price may be.
The Series 820 Parts Counting Scale
Our Series 820 Parts Counting Scale is the perfect scale to keep track of your piece parts and maintain an accurate inventory. It’s able to use the weight of a single piece to quickly count the amount of piece parts that you place on the scale.
Parts Counting Function
The Parts Counting Scale has two basic ways to take the weight of all the piece parts placed upon the scale. In order to accurately count the number of piece parts placed on the scale platform, a sample weight must be taken. By doing this, the scale is able to use the total weight of all the pieces on the platform with the sample weight of one piece to create an accurate count of all the parts.
- Quick Sample Quick sample allows you to place 10, 25, 50, or 100 pieces of the part you are trying to count on the scale. A rule of thumb for parts counting scales is that the more pieces you place on the scale, the easier it is for the scale to get an accurate sample. Once you have entered the number of pieces in the scale indicator and then placed those pieces on the scale platform, the scale will create a sample and then shift into counting mode. At that point, you can put all the same piece parts you wish to have counted on the scale. The upside to this is that you are able to count your piece parts quickly. The downside to using this feature is that the sample weight will not be entered into the scale’s memory. Should you wish to count this piece part again, you will have to go through the same quick sample process all over again as if you had never counted them before.
- Sample Definition Sample weights can be taken, named, stored and activated by using the PARTS COUNTING menu on the scale. You will be able to:
- Add a New Sample Ð In the lower menu of the Parts Counting menu, you will navigate to NEW on the menu and press enter. The default sample name is a four digit number determined by the number of samples already in the scales memory.
- Edit a Sample- This function allows you to select a sample weight and edit the description and the weight value. The weight values can be entered directly by the user or automatically by using the scale platform.
- Delete a Sample Ð This function enables you to delete any sample entries in the scale’s memory.
- Activate a Sample Ð This is the function you will use to count piece parts if other piece parts have been weighed. Simply line up on the sample number and then click on the ACTV function in the lower menu. Press enter and the scale will then be ready to count the piece parts when they are placed upon the scale platform
This function will allow you to keep a running count of all the piece parts you are weighing if you have the same type of piece parts in multiple containers or more piece parts than can be counted in one weighing. Simply place the parts on the scale platform and press the ACCUM key. The scale will then continue to aggregate all the piece parts until you press and hold the ACCUM key, exiting the accumulate function.
Ultra Precision Scales with Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Technology
In addition to our standard strain gauge Parts Counting Scales, we also have our Ultra Precision Scales, should you require even more accuracy than strain gauge load cells. Strain gauge load cells tend to be more vulnerable to shock loading and over loading.
Our SAW load cells measure displacement which requires a considerably smaller sample. This allows the SAW load cell to be made of a thicker metal that makes it much more abuse resistant. The SAW load cells enable the Ultra Precision scale to have accuracies up to 1:20000 and a maximum resolution of 0.0001. Plus, our Ultra Precision scales can guarantee precision accuracy at capacities previously unattainable. Our top standard capacity is 500 lbs. more than 10 times most other ultra precision scales.
Highly Precise Customer Service
At Arlyn, we make sure our customer support staff is highly trained and well informed. You’ll be able to get all the information you need in order to choose the parts counting scale that is the right fit for you. We also offer customization so if your business needs a scale more specifically designed for you, we’re happy to talk with you and supply you with a custom scale that gives you more of what you need. Use the form on the Contact Us page of our site or give us a call at (800) 645-4301 with any questions or for assistance during your selection process.