2-Wire Platform Scales 4-20mA – Loop Powered
Platform Scales (2-Wire) 4-20mA Analog Output – Wiring Diagram
Diagram below illustrates wiring diagram for 3200 Series Platform Scales equipped with Loop Powered 4-20mA (2-Wire) and no display.
To check the output:
- Connect the RED wire to a 24V DC outlet.
- Next, connect the GROUNDING WIRE (bare) to a suitable Earth Ground location in your building as this will help determine faults in the scale if any and increase stability of your readings.
- Then, connect the BLACK wire to the input terminal (+) of the ammeter or digital multimeter.
- Connect the return terminal (-) or “common” of the ammeter to ground.
- You will now have 4-20 mA reading from the ammeter.
- Press the platform to see the deflection in current.
- Use the SPAN and ZERO potentiometers located on the side of the board to calibrate your platform current output.