Product Manuals Arlyn UpScale – Quick Start (Regular & SAW Platforms)
ARLYN UPSCALE – QUICKSTART GUIDE
USER MANUALS & SOFTWARE
[Arlyn UpScale User Manual – Instructions, Options Guide and Limited Warranty Terms]
[Arlyn UpScale Parts Counting Manual – For Parts Counting Scales with Arlyn UpScale]
[Arlyn UpScale USB Drivers – Software drivers for USB Communication (if equipped)]
[Arlyn UpScale USB PC App (RS232, USB) – Sample App for testing RS232 and USB connectivity for Arlyn UpScale]
[Arlyn UpScale TCP/IP PC App (Ethernet, Wi-Fi) – Sample App for testing Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity for Arlyn UpScale]
[Realterm (Windows Terminal) – Windows Terminal app for troubleshooting connectivity]
INITIAL SETUP AND OPERATION
1) Carefully unpack scale parts from the shipping carton. Depending on the model of the scale you have, the touchscreen
indicator, accessories (e.g. relays), and platform may be shipped in separate boxes.
2) Extend/unscrew the platform’s leveling legs. Leveling legs must be adequately extended out and leveled for the scale to
3) Assemble the scale as shown in the diagram below. Depending on the model of the scale:
a. The platform may need to be connected to the indicator through the provided connector (USB or DIN). Use a USB
extender if necessary.
b. The indicator is already connected to the platform.
4) Plug the micro-USB end of the power adapter into the power pigtail, and the other end into 110-117VAC. This is the only
way to power up the indicator after shutting down. Wait for the indicator to boot up until it shows the main weight screen.
5) Press the ZERO button if the scale is not showing ZERO.
FRONT PANEL VIEW
WEIGHT W/UNIT – Weight on the platform in the current unit setting
CAPACITY INDICATORS – Shows the capacity of the scale based on the current and all units
STABILITY INDICATOR – Shows the stability of the weight, based on automatic and user-defined filters
NET INDICATOR – Shows the “net” indicator if in the scale is in net weighing mode
LOAD INDICATOR – Shows how much load is on the platform relative to its maximum capacity
TARE INFORMATION – Shows the information of the current tared weight, if any.
MENU – For Settings and other options
MAIN CONTROLS – Shows the Main Control panel. Use this panel to perform main operations on the scale.
OPTION CONTROLS – Shows controls based on the options available on the scale.
POWER NOTES AND SHUT DOWN PROCEDURE
1) Press the MENU button (3-dot icon at the top right corner of the screen). Select the “Shut Down” option to shut the scale
off. Press “Grant” if a SuperUser Dialog box appears.
2) To power the indicator up again, plug the power back into the indicator.
MULTIPLE INDICATORS AND PLATFORMS
Indicators and Platforms must not be mixed and matched. Each indicator is calibrated towards a particular platform. If you
purchased and received multiple scales, then each indicator must be matched with its own platform. To do this, match the serial
number on the back of the indicator to the serial number on the platform. The platform’s serial number is usually located on the side
of its frame or under it.